Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ducks and Hawks and albino squirrel in my back yard...

I wanted to blog about this because I find it most interesting. I will publish photos that I take a little later so that you can see what I mean...

I live in an apartment complex off of North Davis. There is a holding pond right behind my apartment. When we first moved in here, it was almost dry and basically devoid of life. Now it seems to be thriving. There are now fish, tadpoles, and ducks that inhabit the pond. DUCKS!?! I wonder how they have made a home in the holding pond that is surrounded by mostly pavement and highways! There are also two hawks that live in the few trees by the pond. I see them out often and believe that they are red shouldered hawks because of the white stripe on the tail. I see them diving after prey often. There is also an albino squirrel that lives there too. I have seen him quite a few times, and have tried to take a picture of him, but I have not been successful yet. I can not get close enough! I will keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment